Compile SlimRoms 6.0 for the Samsung Galaxy S4 T-mobile variant (JFLTETMO SGH-M919)

The continuing saga of compiling SlimRoms 6.0 for the T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S4….

To God be the glory! Today there was some good progress! As you can see, the rom compiled, as usual:

[CODE]
/home/alaskalinuxuser/Documents/projects/phones/compile/slimroms6/out/target/product/jfltetmo/slim_jfltetmo-ota-a37a47bb2a.zip
done.
_______________________________________________
/ http://www.slimroms.org |
/ _____________________________________________|
/ /
/ / _ _ ______
/ / | |(_) (_____ \
/ / | | _ _____ _____) )___ _____ ___
_____________________/ / | || | | __ // _ \| |/___)
| / | || | | | | | \ \ |_| | | | |___ |
|_______________________/ \_)_|_|_|_|_| |_\___/|_|_|_(___/

Package Complete: /home/alaskalinuxuser/Documents/projects/phones/compile/slimroms6/out/target/product/jfltetmo/Slim-jfltetmo-6.0.1.alpha.0.1-UNOFFICIAL-20160601-0744.zip
make: Leaving directory `/home/alaskalinuxuser/Documents/projects/phones/compile/slimroms6′

#### make completed successfully (46:39 (mm:ss)) ####
[/CODE]

The bonus, however, was that it actually booted! Well, mostly. At first, I thought that the phone was stuck in a continuous boot loop, so I took a logcat over adb through the usb. The log is really long, but here are some of the error excerpts:

[CODE]
…..
06-01 17:34:23.070 235 235 E mm-camera: qcamsvr_load_gesture_lib Error opening gesture library
…..
06-01 17:34:23.233 257 257 D QC-time-services: Daemon:genoff_pre_init::Base = 13
06-01 17:34:23.233 257 257 D QC-time-services: Daemon: Storage Name: ats_13
06-01 17:34:23.233 257 257 D QC-time-services: Daemon:Opening File: /data/time/ats_13
06-01 17:34:23.233 257 257 D QC-time-services: Daemon:time_persistent_memory_opr:Genoff Read operation
06-01 17:34:23.233 257 257 D QC-time-services: Daemon:Unable to open filefor read
06-01 17:34:23.233 257 257 D QC-time-services: Daemon:genoff_post_init:Error in accessing storage
…..
06-01 17:34:24.228 251 251 W JniInvocation: Falling back from libart to libart.so after dlopen error: dlopen failed: library “libart” not found
…..
06-01 17:34:25.352 239 239 E kickstart-qcks: ERROR: ks return code was 11, something failed
…..
06-01 17:34:30.021 244 244 E ACDB-LOADER: Error: ACDB AudProc vol returned = -8
…..
06-01 17:35:08.232 761 761 D idmap : error: no read access to /vendor/overlay: No such file or directory
….. etc…..
[/CODE]

Here is the kicker, though: while I was taking and reviewing the logs, the bootloop ended and the phone started optimizing apps! Unfortunately, it only made it through the first 5 of 19 apps. Then it rebooted and started the bootloop again. Since it did something before, I decided to wait and see what happens. Obviously this is not right, but it is working through the errors on it’s own. After about 5 minutes, the bootloop ended and it worked from 6 of 19 all the way to 11 of 19. I figure that I probably whould let it finish. At this rate, it should be done within 30 minutes total. Sure enough, the next run optimized apps 12 through 19, and then it started the bootloop again.

With bated breath I anxiously awaited the “final countdown” of what I figured must be the last bootloop. Granted, it may crash now that it is done optimizing apps, but I could hardly wait to see the outcome! Unfortunately, every 4 minutes and 40 seconds, the phone will exit the bootloop, optimize apps 12 through 19, and then re-enter the bootloop. But it is still exciting because by God’s enabling there was progress! Now to fix the next set of issues….

Linux – Keep it simple.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s